No one wants to think about bed bugs! Unfortunately, no one is immune from an infestation of these tiny insects, and the best way to handle bed bug control is with preventative methods. Here at The Dead Pest Society, we have picked up a few preventative and treatment methods that we would like to share with you in hopes that you can keep bed bugs at bay.
Prevent bed bugs by:
- Carefully monitoring what comes into your home. Used furniture items, especially those with soft surfaces, should be avoided. Take extra precautions and clean all items before being allowed in your home.
- Inspecting luggage, shoes, and all belongings for signs of bed bugs after a trip. Bedbugs are tiny and can latch onto just about anything for an easy ride into your home.
- Making your home unwelcoming for bed bugs. Avoid cluttered areas on your floor and make sure that you vacuum corners, behind the bed and under the bed frequently.
- Inspecting your bedding frequently. Check your sheets regularly for dried spots of blood. Look around the seams of your mattress for bed bugs, dead or alive.
Treat bed bugs by:
- Laundering your bedding in hot water and drying on high heat. This helps to kill any bugs, eggs or larvae.
- Disassembling your bed frame. While your bedding and mattress might be clean and good to go, bed bugs love to hide in the nooks and crannies of your bed frame, leaving them ripe for reinfestations.
- Calling in professionals. Bed bug control is best done with the help of professionals like ours. Bed bugs are very tricky to get rid of on your own, so let the professionals help give you a better chance.
If you have questions about bed bug control, treatment methods or prevention methods, please give us a call today.